Should Your Plumbing Dad Take Care of It, or An Expert?
Father’s Day is a great time to really observe and be thankful for everything dad’s done for you and your entire family. Acting as chauffeur to all of your activities and events, cheering you on, being there to support you when you needed it the most; these are just a few ways dad’s been there for you throughout your life.
Nothing can replace all the time and effort dad put into helping you throughout your time growing up. Aside from everything dad has done for you, your dad probably took care of a lot of household odds and ends regularly.
While dad was probably excellent at handling a lot of projects himself, even the most expert of DIY dads can’t handle every job by themselves. Tasks in plumbing dad should probably leave along, for instance. Why? Read on below:
Need a Toilet Installation? Call the Experts.
Don’t let your next toilet installation ruin your day and your bank account with costly repairs.
New plumbing requirements are going to accompany your toilet install, as well as possible new water lines, drains, lateral connections, intakes, pipe rearrangements, and other requirements.
If anything’s done wrong, you could be opening your home to serious issues, including:
- Overflowing water.
- Broken water mains.
- Sewer damage.
- Blocked drains.
- Incorrect water flow.
If you need a new toilet installed, call in the experts this time instead of your DIY loving dad.
Don’t Use the Duct Tape to Fix Your Water Leak
Duct tape is a wonderful resource and has plenty of uses around the house, but fixing a water leak isn’t one of them. Let’s look at some potential issues that can be caused when water leaks aren’t dealt with in the correct manner:
- Leaky pipes can lead to BIG water bills at the end of the month if they are ignored or not fixed properly.
- A leaky pipe can lead to mold growth, which can sometimes be hazardous to your health.
- Both big and small leaks can cause property damage if they aren’t attended to and corrected properly.
So, if you see or hear a leak, call in an experienced professional as quickly as you can to resolve the issue in the right way.
No Experience, No Snake Draining
There are a lot of problems that can happen with a bad snake draining job; don’t let yourself be a victim to any of the following problems:
- Usage of a snake, especially a motorized one, can result in injury.
- Damaging of the porcelain of the toilet or sink can happen when the snake is used incorrectly; this can cause rapid deterioration of the fixture and ruin the cosmetic appeal.
- Failure of your home’s entire plumbing system is at stake with a bad snake job.
Leave the drain snaking to the experts next time you have a plug you can’t seem to repair. You’ll be glad you did! Performing DIY fix-it jobs around the house is a great thing, and dad is wonderful for it.
Sometimes, there are just certain jobs best left to the scope of experts, though. This Father’s Day, thank dad for all the amazing work he does and has done, and then call your plumbing expert for that toilet installation. Happy Father’s Day, dads!